Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 18:11:42 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRC question

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:23:34PM -0500, default013 - subscriptions wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I use MIRC for windows all the time, and would like to be able to use a text
| based irc client for my freebsd box when im on it sometimes...
|
| could anyone tell me what is the best to use? and are there any exploits
| etc. that i should be aware of?

Bitch (from /usr/ports/irc/bitchx) is fairly nice.  A lot of people I know are
using it all the time.  This is what I would recommend.  I'm switching to
BitchX as soon as I get to feel a bit more comfortable with its scripting
capabilities.

I've been using epic (from /usr/ports/irc/epic4) for quite some time with LiCe
as the basic script, and a few custom aliases I wrote in epic's scripting
language.  I'm not saying that it's the best client out there, but it feels
rather nice.

--giorgos