Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:50:10 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        louie@TransSys.COM, current@FreeBSD.org, n@nectar.com
Subject:   Re: /etc/shells #include syntax support patch

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:19:29 -0800 (PST)
John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

JB> People whine about the problem though, so having no solution doesn't
JB> help either.  Since #include is syntatically a comment, it shouldn't
JB> mess up other programs, though the idea is that they will all use the
JB> API in libc and not be reading the file themselves.  However, I do
JB> think that doing it through nsswitch might be the best solution.

	Everything in the tree uses the API apart from adduser.perl. Do
many ports use /etc/shells ?

	On the security issue, I rather like the idea that a none root
port administrator is possible, this doesn't really need multiple shells
files though so nsswitch works for me. I can't set it up though (no
-current box).