Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 00:02:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        shigeru@iij.ad.jp, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch for wi driver

> The wi driver gets the right MAC address from the 3com card right.  It
> just fails to init in wi_reset.

Oh, I see.  I checked the log message I tried on NetBSD this July.
It is similar result as yours.  It can get right MAC address, which
cannot get by 'an' driver.

The difference between aironet and others might be only its firmware.
The Lucent firmware apparently cannot handle divercity antenna correctly,
so that there are other version of firmware.

I guess there are some varients of firmware for 3com cards.
I bet your card which doesn't work with FreeBSD will also fails to work
with NetBSD.  There are obviously 2 possibilities.  The card has older
firmware or newer firmware.  If the former is the case, you could update
your firmware.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what we can do..

Atsushi