Date:      19 Apr 2002 19:56:00 -0600
From:      Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   'unsetenv' broken in -STABLE?

Hello all,

I'm attempting to rebuild the native JDK 1.3.1 because I suddenly began
having issues with it today for no apparent reason.  When I start the
build process, I get the following error message:

i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p6-root-020419-18:52
ERROR: Your JAVA_HOME environment variable is set.  This will
       most likely cause the build to fail.  Please unset it
       and start your build again.

I figured, "okay, no problem," and I did this (the same way I've done it
before):

borges[115] % echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1
borges[116] % unsetenv $JAVA_HOME
borges[117] % echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1

I'm using csh.  This used to work, but since I've update to this week's
-STABLE, things have been going batty...

Here's what I'm running:
4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #0: Thu Apr 18 18:35:26 PDT 2002
root@borges.codysbooks.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BORGES  i386

Anyone know what might be happening?

TIA,
Scott