Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:11:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cain <cain@cain.tasam.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Err.. cat exploit.. (!)

The man page is nice... but that doesn't address what the original message
was. More on the original, when I use netterm to get into my box, and cat
a binary, I end up having NETTERM echo to my screen a bunch of times. But
this is most likely to be because your terminal prgram interprets some of
the binary file to be certian commands. If you cat sendmail.st to your
printer, some will most likely be bold, some will be underlined maybe..
all sorts of wierd stuff will happne. This probably isn't a problem with
cat, but I can't say I'm shure..