Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:40:01 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-ISP" <FreeBSD-ISP@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VPN betwwen Windows 9x Clients and FreeBSD Firewall

I am looking for a firewall/VPN solution that will allow our company
personnel to connect to the corporate network using there Win95 laptops and
a Dynamic IP address from there ISP, when they are out traveling or working
from home.

When they are at the corporate office, they connect their Win9x laptops to
the corporate LAN, and use them as their personal workstations and are
assigned a permanent IP address.

Corporate Network to Internet:

 Win95 Laptop ---- Firewall/VPN Server ----- Internet
   x.x.x.10                   x.x.x.1/y.y.y.254

What we would like to do is install IPSec (KAME) on the Firewall server, and
use a IPSec Client on Win9x to create the VPN connection to the corporate
Network.

VPN Connection to Corporate Network from Internet:

 Mail Server ----  Firewall/VPN Server ==== Internet ==== Win95 Laptop
   x.x.x.15              x.x.x.1/y.y.y.254
z.z.z.73/x.x.x.10

What software is available for Win9x to create a secure VPN connection to
the corporate network?

How would I setup the software so that a secure tunnel is created from
z.z.z.73 to y.y.y.254, and will encapsulate the IP packets so that the Win95
Client will use x.x.x.10 to access the corporate network?

Thanks
Scot