Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:26:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ponds!ponds!rivers (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        ponds!lambert.org!terry, ponds!Artisoft.COM!ponds!rivers, ponds!Artisoft.COM!ponds!freebsd.org!dyson, ponds!Artisoft.COM!ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers, ponds!Artisoft.COM!ponds!lakes.water.net!rivers, ponds!Artisoft.COM!ponds!lambert.org!terry
Subject:   Re: More info on the daily panics...

> > The patch only prevents a condition from occuring instead of panic'ing
> > when it does occur.  Ie: it prevents one less error condition that can't
> > be handled from needing to be checked, and then "not handled" (panic).
>
>  Ok, then we can deduce that my panic was not from this condition, right?
> (Since this condition can no longer occur, and I still get the panic...)

This particular panic on this particular occasion, anyway.

Do you export any FS's to NFS clients?  I believe the similar problem
to which David refers is a cascade error related to client usage of the
VFS (there are too many possiblities at this point, frankly).

The NFS, like the vfs_syscalls.c, is a client of VFS services.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---