Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 00:29:18 -0400
From:      Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_php4 problem (broken?)

I recently upgraded my mod_php4 port (about a week ago), and since I
did so, parameters do not seem to be available to my PHP files.

Ex: (index.php)
      <?php echo "Hello World<p>"; ?>
      <BR><?php echo $HTTP_USER_AGENT; ?>
      <hr>
      <form action="index.php" method="get">
        Your name: <input type="text" name="name">
        You age: <input type="text" name="age">
        <input type="submit">
      </form>
      <hr>
      Hi <?php echo $name; ?>.
      You are <?php echo $age; ?> years old.
      <hr>
      <BR><?php phpinfo(); ?>

If I point my browser to http://localhost/index.php?name=chris&age=myage
the page returned looks like this:

  Hello World

  Your name: ________ You age: _______  [SUBMIT]

  Hi .  You are years old.

  <snip lots of seemingly-irrelevant config info>

               PHP Variables
  ,-----------------------,--------------------,
  | Variable              |  Value             |
  | _GET["name"]          | chris              |
  | _GET["age"]           | myage              |

  <more snippage>

Since the arguments are stored in that table, it seems like I am
almost there....just missing something.  Anyone have any ideas?

--
Chris

(I'm not subscribed to this list anymore, so I'd appreciate it if you
 would be sure to CC me on any replies :) ).