Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 10:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/14744: tksetathome hangs sysinstall due to lack of email address

The following reply was made to PR ports/14744; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To: jay.krell@cornell.edu
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: ports/14744: tksetathome hangs sysinstall due to lack of email
 address
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:27:34 -0500 (EST)

 Hi,

 On Sat, 6 Nov 1999 jay.krell@cornell.edu wrote:

 > >How-To-Repeat: Do a clean install of FreeBSD 3.3 from the CD, don't
 > do much/any network configuration, select the tk/tksetiathome (not
 > sure of exact name), package. >Fix: Not sure. The ports collection is
 > a good idea, but it seems you open yourself up to a lot of this sort
 > of thing, and I'm not sure you have enough control over it to fix it.

 So you've done no network set up and you want to complain that the tkseti
 won't run because it can't find a valid email address????

 If you don't have networking set up, how on earth do you plan to
 contribute to a distributed network computing project?

 In short, this is not a problem w/ the port, but that the machine isn't
 set up correctly yet.

 Brett
 Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
 Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
 Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
 Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
 Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *