Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:30:19 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd "hogs" cpu

On 3.0-RELEASE on a 133 mhz 5x86 with 48megs ram, natd sometimes
gets into a state where it uses 90-95% of the cpu time according
to "top" and the network slows almost to nothing.

Killing natd and restarting it fixes the problem for a few more days.

Natd also has core dumped. The core dump reports "no stack", so I
don't know where.

This machine runs a web server, real audio server, pop, etc, so
it can get heavily loaded at times. I'm runing natd and ipfw as
a firewall for a small LAN of 3 machines.

I saw this problem listed in the mail archives, but no solution was
offered.

What's up with this?

Thanks,
--