Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:39:41 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Machine(s) not able to reboot

Hello,

I have two HP Proliant DL360G3 servers which I recently upgraded from =
5.2.1-R to 5.3-R. Since the upgrade, I am not able to cause the machines =
to shut down or reboot on their own. I always have to physically power =
them off and then back on. They are SMP machines and I am using ACPI. =
There are no other apparent problems although one machine did panic =
today and as a result I had to drive in and power cycle it.=20

I saw some posts about this in mail archives, but they were very old. =
Has anyone else experienced this problem? What should I look for to fix =
this?

-Will