Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 1995 12:48:34 +0900 (JST)
From:      Atsushi Murai <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        jkh@freebsd.org (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone else see this with ijppp?

> PPP ON whisker> close
> write: No such process
> <repeats anywhere from 3 to 6 times>
> It doesn't seem to be any kind of fatal error, and the line is definitely
> closed properly so I'm not really _complaining_, I'm just curious.
> Any of the ijppp hackers out there care to comment?

Yes. we are clean up code that relating logging facility.... Sorry
bother you but you don't need to get it as serious ;-)

> Oh, and on the subject of ppp dialing up and staying up for hours, yes
> I've set a timeout and yes I've put in a filter for dialing that blocks
> pings and yes I've set `hosts' before `bind' in my /etc/host.conf so
> that simple DNS queries don't trigger it.  And it still does it.. :-)

Just one question for you. Are you running the named even you did set
up above order for resolving hostname ? I can't comment out as right
things (tm) unless check out your dns set up, but sounds like your
named try to get a information from primary one when local cache
expired or re-starting... Try enable bpf and with "tcpdump -i tun0"

> Neither of these things are show-stoppers, and I still love ij-ppp.
> It's great!  I'd just like to make it a little better, perhaps.. :)

Addition I just see a iij-ppp 0.93 (not ij-ppp) porting to linux on
fj.os.linux but Our iij-ppp is based 0.94 beta that it's quite
enhanced for high performance, functionality and of courcse stability ;-)

> 					Jordan

Atsushi.
--
Atsushi Murai                                       Internet: amurai@spec.co.jp
System Planning and Engineering Co,.Ltd.            Voice   : +81-33833-5341