Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:16:47 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   burncd troubles

Hello, I am trying to create an audio CD using burncd. The command I
have entered is such:

burncd -f /dev/acd0c audio alien_ant_farm-movies.cdr
crystal_method-busy_child.cdr downer-last_time.cdr
jimi_hendrix-voodoo_chile_slight_return.cdr radiohead-blow_out_live.cdr
radiohead-palo_alto.cdr radiohead-punchdrunk_lovesick_singalong.cdr
rage_against_the_machine-kill_a_man.cdr
rage_against_the_machine-killing_in_the_name_of.cdr
rage_against_the_machine-renegades_of_funk.cdr
soul_coughing-super_bon_bon.cdr tool-no_quarter.cdr fixate

I get the following error for each audio file:

next writeable LBA 0
writing from file crystal_method-busy_child.cdr size 76619 KB

only wrote -1 of 37632 bytes

The files are CD-R audio format, as converted by sox from WAV files.
According to dmesg, my CD-RW drive is an "LG CD-RW CED-8080B". My dmesg
is flooded with the following message:

acd0: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=64 ascq=00 error=00

Any hints on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks.
--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx