Date:      25 Jan 2000 22:51:07 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup: what's the progress look like?

Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com> wrote:

> At the start, about the time of teh first checkout msgs, there is some very
> intermittant disk activity, but then that stops and eventually I get then
> many minutes later the  Inacitivity Timemout msg plus the "will try again
> at hh:mm" msg.

Looks like the server is overloaded or your network connectivity
to the server is bad.

> yes, Monday afternoon/evening, I had the same timeout experience with
> cvsup.de, .fr, and .uk.

Well, in my experience, connectivity from Germany to France is very
bad. Often, I've been unable to load web pages. I have no idea why
this is so.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de