Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 1999 19:33:47 +0119
From:      Aernoudt Bottemanne <bottemanne@capitolonline.nl>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, "freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Alpha 'hangs' on scsi reset

Hi,

When installing (news hard drives...) FreeBSD, it won't get passed the
wiating for scsi devices to settle. It gives the output it waits for 15
minutes, but in fact it never gets passed the moment. Just to be sure,
it is somewhat slower I've waited for 1 hour.....
Linux does install (I've done that to check everything is OK) and it
runs perfectly (except for that it is not FreeBSD  : - )

Any idea's ?

Aernoudt
--

_______