Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:17:02 -0600
From:      Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: periodic and 310.accounting

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 09:52:02PM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
> man periodic.conf.
>
> Just set daily_accounting_enable=NO in /etc/periodic.conf.

  Thanks.  My problem was that I was not running a recently enough -STABLE
and it did not have periodic.conf in it.

> Alternatively, you could send patches that add a new variable to
> control the number of log files kept :-)  I'll happily commit them.

  Would you accept an alternative 310.accounting that uses newsyslog?
Seems like a standard utility to rotate all files would be nice.  This
would require a newsyslog.conf type file though - where would I put it?

  Tim