Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:07:48 -0800
From:      Cole Jones <ctjones@dankaoi.com>
To:        FreeBsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Undefined symbols in Kernel Compile ???

Hi,
I just installed FreeBSD 2.1.6. I know it has a MAJOR security bug, but
it's a stand-alone PC.  Right now I'm just trying to learn some of the
basics of FreeBSD.  Which brings me to my question.

I copied the GENERIC options file to a file called CONCOURSE.  I
modified CONCOURSE to exclude many of the devices I do not have, as well
as include the PS/2 mouse.  However, when I do the 'make' after several
minutes of compiling I get several "Undefined symbol errors".  The exact
message is as follows:

cd.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_scsi_cmd` referenced fro text segment
cd.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_start_unit` referenced fro text segment
cd.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_stop_unit` referenced fro text segment
cd.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_prevent` referenced fro text segment

Several other Undefined symbols have '_scsi' prefixes.  I have no SCSI
devices and I thought I commented out all the SCSI options in my kernel
config file.

Any thoughts on what I've screwed up will be appreciated.
TIA for your comments!