Date:      18 Dec 2000 19:18:49 -0800
From:      JOSHUA RICHESIN <jrichesin@peoplepc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   network

Ok, here is another question for you BSD users.

I am setting up Freebsd on a desktop computer.  I have it all installed and finally got my NE2000 compatible NIC card installed and configured.  Now when I boot or shut down the system it says "device ed0 timed out" .  Also, I cannot get it to connect to the internet for anything.

I have configured the information for the network with
/stand/sysinstall  Is there anything else I need to do or is it something wrong with my card.  Thank you in advance for everyone that responds to this.

Josh Richesin