Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 08:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
To:        leemark@servesyndicate.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

I think my previous reply to this was lost. Sorry if
it's a dup.

I had the same problem; Sendmail is trying to resolve
the IPs on your LAN, but it appears that there is not
reverse DNS setup. I fixed it by adding reverse DNS
entries...which presumes you're running BIND. If my
understanding is correct, 'gethostbyaddr' tries DNS
first, then the /etc/hosts file, so you might try
editing that file appropriately as well.

Hope that helps.

--Tim