Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:53:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Anderson <bunicula@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound almost there.

thanks to everyone for their ongoing help...

i've got the sound card working, but the mixer doesn't work. i'm sure i'm
missing something, but i don't know what.

from my kernel config

> controller	isa0
> controller	pnp0			# PnP support for ISA
> controller 	snd0
> device		sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
> device		sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
> device		opl0	at isa?	port 0x338

dmesg gives me the following about sound:

> sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
>
> NOTE! SB Pro support required with your soundcard!
> snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
> sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
> opl0 not found at 0x338

and cat /dev/sndstat shows what i expected:

VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha15-970902 (Wed Aug  6 22:58:35 PDT 1997 Amancio Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 2: SoundBlaster

> Card config:
> SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
> ( at 0x330 irq 1)
> (OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x338 irq 1)
>
> Audio devices:
> 0: SoundBlaster 16 4.13
>
> Synth devices:
>
> Midi devices:
>
> Timers:
> 0: System clock
>
> Mixers:

no mixer. so what do i need to add to get the mixer working? should i be
using sbxvi0 rather than sb0?

brian