Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:08:49 -0700
From:      mikel@zso.dec.com (Mike Lempriere)
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   End of NT-on-Alpha

Just thought you might all find this interesting.

Compaq has officially axed Windows NT on Alpha machines.  The final NT
release on Alpha will be NT 4, SP6.  There will be no Win2K release.

I am a member of DECWest (Bellevue WA), where most of the Digital/Compaq
NT development has been done.  We are all to be laid off in the next few
weeks.

Some related articles:
    http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2318096,00.html
    http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayStory.pl?990819.picomchips.htm