Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 1995 16:22:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Barnacle Wes <wes@intele.net>
To:        jdl@jdl.com (Jon Loeliger)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Second appeal for sup, CTM, mail and www servers. Please help!

Jordan's bad news:
% We don't have the resources to actually deploy any of these services
% from freefall.freebsd.org.

JDL queried:
> Stupid question:  Is this just a matter of "donated machine" or
> is it more than that (bandwidth) too?  Would another machine next
> door to freefall be a valid approach?  In particular, freely speaking
> for some of us (:-), I'd say many of us would be willing to chip in,
> say, $20 to $100 (each!) towards a dedicated machine.  Would this
> approach work to give freefall a buddy?

If so, you can have my current "gateway" machine - a 386SX/16,
5 MB RAM, 110 MB IDE drive, onboard 256K VGA and a 9" (yes, that's
NINE inch) greyscale monitori, running FreeBSD 2.0.  It's my TCP/IP
test partner and crash-test dummy.  ;^)

I'd be happy to contribute, if you have the bandwidth to support
the service, which I suspect you don't.  I can ask around the
local universities, perhaps one of them has some bandwidth to
spare.  I even know one that has a lot of 386/25 machines they
(mostly) aren't using.  ;^)

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder