Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 12:34:43 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Poorly worded response by me

Hi All-

I'd like to note that my reponse to Nate about the IRQ's was
probably totally unclear.

I have found that it helps to have the pcic_irq be the same
one as that which windoze uses; otherwise, you can end up in
a mess because the hardware (BIOS?) will use both the irq you
assign it and the one it lives on in windoze.

I experienced this with an HP Omnibook 900 that used IRQ10 with
the pcic controller.  I could use irq 3 for the controller and
10 for ep0.  It would recognize the card fine and set up a connection,
but as soon as your tried any real data transfer (nfs/scp/etc) it
would hang and lock up.   It was not until ep0 was on the same irq
that windoze assigned it (11) both in the kernel and in pccard.conf
was the networking happy.  I also saw this problem with the modems
too.

Sorry about the confusing statements.... I typed before I thought.