Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:03:08 +0200
From:      "Roland Giesler" <roland@thegreentree.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Resizing disk labels

Thanks Konrad,

Yes, you're right, I mean file systems.  I've only been using FreeBSD for
bit more than a month, so I'm still getting used to the different
terminology (being used to MS).

Could I do this process "live", ie. could I FTP the content for "/usr" to
another machine, delete the "/usr" filesystem, grow "/" to let's say 1GB,
recreate "/usr" and copy the data back?  If I understand things correctly,
then "/usr" holds apps and other stuff, but not the files essential to
starting and operating FreeBSD.  So I should be follow this course of
action?

Thanks again

Roland Giesler