Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:57:05 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "monotonic" counter commit candidate. Reviews, please.

Mark Murray wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have incorporated a whole bunch more of ideas and concerns from John
> Baldein and Bruce Evans.
>
> I reckon this is now about ready to go in.
>
> Comments/reviews please?

> + * Copyright (c) 1993 The Regents of the University of California.
> + * All rights reserved.
> + *

Why are you adding a copyright (1993?) by UCB? Considereing that you
don't have
any affiliation with them, and you can't assign copyright to someone
without their
knowledge. I suggest changing it to Freebsd inc.
Also I'm getting more and more worried about all this stuff that is
becoming
more or less 'required' in a kernel.

I'd like to see all this entropy stuff more 'rip-outable' than it is.
The smallest kernel you can actually make is getting HUGE.

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org