Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:04:16 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiling afacli use into kernel for PERC

Josh Brooks wrote:

> Thank you Scott,
>
> I downloaded the package and am attempting to use it.  I have a PERC 3/Si
> with firmware 2.1-3 build 2951.  Here is what happens:
>
> CLI > controller list
> Executing: controller list
>
> Adapter Name       Adapter Type       Availability       Clustering
> ------------       -------------      ------------       ------------
>
> Command Error:
>
> CLI >
>

> So ... is there a step I am missing ?
>

> Also, the README states that this util is for:
>
> "Version 2.1 firmware."
>
> So what will happen if I upgrade my firmware to 2.7-1, which I want to do
> ASAP ?

The aaccli will work with most firmware revs out there.  When you ran the
program, did you open the controller with the command 'open aac0'?  Also,
if you're using this on 4.x, you'll need to make sure that the /dev/aac0
device
file exists.  If it doesn't, go to /dev, and as root, do './MAKEDEV aac0'.

Scott