Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 07:21:06 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
Cc:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: postfix fails to start

From=20the keyboard of Giorgos Keramidas:

> Hmm ..
>=20
> thought i should update my current machine 2 hours ago, cvs=B4d a tree, m=
ade
> and installed it. Reboot. Got:
>=20
>  Sep  6 21:33:48 bert postfix[15838]: fatal: could not find any active ne=
twork
 interfaces

>ifconfig output please ?

Nothing has changed with the ifconfig output, the network ran fine, no=20
troubles at all. Obviously postfix had trouble with _detecting_ one, which
in turn seemed not to be postfix=B4 fault but -currents (an API changed ??)
kernel (as said, after reinstalling the old kernel and modules but with
the new userland postfix ran fine again).

hellmuth
--=20
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47=
-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47=
-77
Oldesloer Strasse 97-99                               Mail  hm [at] hcs.de
D-22457 Hamburg                                       WWW   http://www.hcs.=
de