Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 12:27:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stale NFS file handle

> > 'blues' is running 2.1R and mounts another machine.
> > That machine went down today and came up a half an hour ago.
> >
> > But since then I have
> >
> > /a/src: Stale NFS file handle.
> >
> > when trying to df
> >
> > I fear that the only way to get around this is to reboot which
> > is not so funny.
> >
> > Are there any other ways to overcome this problem?
>
> Now this is a question to which I would like to know the answer also. I
> have asked the same question in -questions but haven't received an answer
> yet.

Can you provide a way of repeating the problem in situ?

Will it work against non-FreeBSD servers or with non-FreeBSD clients?
(ie: have you localized the problem to the server or client code?).

Is it possible the the handle is, in fact, stale?

What if you disable the lease code (assuming NFSv3)?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.