Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:33:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Guyomarch?= <rguyom@pobox.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Security List <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bump-in-the-Road IPsec?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] R=E9mi Guyomarch wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 03:14:38AM +0100, R=E9mi Guyomarch wrote:
> > On OpenBSD, use the gif device, along with IPSec in transport mode
> > and the same bridge setup as described below.
>
> Damn! I just realised that gif(4) only handles IP frames :-(
> Still a transparent bridge, but only suitable for IP...
> [same thing with gre(4)]

only suitable for IP is fine by me.  the thing is that i really want these
to be two completely seperate networks with real ip #s.  the stuff i've
found on the net so far suggests using gif to bridge between two remote
networks that share the same private ip space.

> So far, for full ethernet-over-ip the only solution I see is vtun with
> a tap(4) device. Maybe someone there will feel creative with netgraph ? ;=
)

i'll have to check out vtun+tap...