Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:51:55 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        usb-bsd@egroups.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VESA module breaks USB?

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 09:39:33PM -0700, Nick Hibma wrote:
> > >  ohci0: <OPTi 82C861 (FireLink) USB controller> irq 9 at device 11.0 on pci0
> > > +ohci_waitintr: timeout
> >
> > IRQ 9 is shared with the VGA controller.  Perhaps calling the VESA
> > BIOS caused it to do something strange that interfered with the
> > delivery of this interrupt on your motherboard.
>
> No, this has something to do with soft resetting vs. hard
> resetting. It might be that this is related to soft rebooting out of
> Windows. Try switching off and on your machine.

I don't have Windows, but I can try a hard boot at some point and see
if it helps.  I can also try to fiddle with the IRQs just in case, but
they are after all being assigned by FreeBSD.

For now I've just turned off VESA, but I think it is going to become
non-optional at some point and I'd hate to see my USB go away.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/