Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:41:02 +0100 (BST)
From:      ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
To:        David K Hill <MrRemedy@2xtreme.net>
Cc:        ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Can some help me with this error message?  arplookup XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX failed: host is not on local network

David
 > When I run the dmesg command I see an error here.  The IP address is a valid IP address, but I do not know why
 > I see this.  I have just recently set up our own DNS server.  The FreeBSD book did not indicate where I should look this up.
 >
 > The error message:
 >
 > arplookup 209.60.152.2 failed: host is not on local network
 > arplookup 209.60.152.3 failed: host is not on local network

should these be addresses on your local network ? - have you entered
them in your DNS data base ? - can say a little more about what
you have done etc. - have you used dig &/or nslookup to check your
local entries...

ruth

 > Does someone with DNS experience know where I should fix this?
 >
 > Thanks in advance.
 >
 > -David K Hill
 > http://www.ciexchange.com

Ruth Moulton            ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Consultant

65 Tetherdown,
London N.10 1NH, UK     Tel:+44 181 883 5823