Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 12:04:48 +0100
From:      Michael Ryan <networx@indigo.ie>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP SureStore 2000 -- supported?

I'm about to buy a HP SureStore Tape 2000 *external* drive.
Does anybody know if it'll work with FreeBSD 2.1 on a
Gateway 2000 120MHz Pentium with an Adaptec 2940 PCI
SCSI adapter?

The drive is SCSI-2.  The spec sheet says the internal version
works with SunOS 4.x, Solaris 2.x, etc. but the external
version is not supported, according to the spec.

Am I right in assuming it'll work, as it's a SCSI DAT tape
drive?

Please email me directly, as I'm not currently subscribed
to the mailing list.

Thanks for any assistance,
Mike
<NetworX@indigo.ie>