Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:30:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        cenobyte@shaw.ca
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linksys np100

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 cenobyte@shaw.ca wrote:

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:54:38 -0600 (MDT)
> From: cenobyte@shaw.ca
> To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: linksys np100
>
> I've got a Linksys NP100 10/100 pcmcia card. It's not on the supported list,
> but I believe it is ne2000 compatible, know if anyone's gotten this card
> working in the past?
> Thanks.

On my Thinkpad, this card was fairly problematic in BSD. At first, it
would freeze the display when inserted and then free it back up when
ejected. (Shared IRQ nightmare). After manually massaging all the I/O
assignments I got it working but it was a pretty low-performance card.
Note also that it installed easily in Linux, but was still a low
performance card.

All I can say is you may have trouble with it, and since it's  a
popular, cheap card and  *still* not on the supported hardware list you
can bet you will.

It *did* work, just not very well.

$0.02 - JB

#  John Bleichert