Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:20:20 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        "Steve W. Heistand" <heistand@nas.nasa.gov>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: proxy service help

I wonder if you also need to add "alias same_port yes" to the config file. I
checked the man pages and this option makes the outgoing udp packets stay on
the same udp port??!?!Unfortunately it looks like Quake assigns an idividual
port from 1025-1500 for each user. I found this in some old tech information
docs, but I wanted to make sure before I entered 400 alias line? Has anyone
else tired this? Or is there an eaiser way?

>alias port udp 206.254.73.254:6112 6112
>alias port tcp 206.254.73.254:116 116
>alias port tcp 206.254.73.254:118 118

Shouldn't these all be udp? and an IP address of the cleint machine behind
the firewall???
So if you wanted to connect to a server at 131.230.82.2 and you're local
mahine is 10.0.0.4 and the machines talk on port 116 and 188 you'd have

alias port udp 10.0.0.4:6112 6112
alias port udp 10.0.0.4:6112 6112
alias port udp 10.0.0.4:6112 6112

Right??! WOw now I'm really confused!!!!!