Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:37:51 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Charles Henrich a Star?

[ For the -advocacy folks; FreeBSD was used to do {some,all} of the CGI
  SFX in the new file _The Matrix_.  Our own Charles Henrich is in the
  credits, but FreeBSD isn't ]

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 10:03:31AM -0700, Charles Henrich wrote:
> > I couldn't wait for the credits.  But I will when I see it next time.
>
> :)  There's no mention of FreeBSD I'm afraid.  Just the names of all
> those who worked hard on the film!

This just screams "Press Release" at me.  Paging Don Wilde, paging Don
Wilde, we have your first case here.

Particularly if we can say something like "The Effects are x% more involved
than those in Titanic (which used the popular Linux OS), but were achieved
in y% of the time, due to FreeBSD's superior scalability. . ."

                    Bagel: The carbohydrate with the hole