Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:27:53 -0600
From:      Amar Takhar <verm@drunkmonk.net>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nik, could you look over (was: Re: link broken...)

On 2002-06-28 14:02 -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> (With my RE team hat on:  We *really* need the capability to initiate a
> manual rebuild of the Web site.)
>
> Bruce.

	This might sound a bit kludgy, but what i've done in the past was
crontabbed a small script, inbetween other system crontabs (so as to make sure
it dosn't run when other cpu intensive crons run).  The script checks for a file
/tmp/rebuildweb say. and if that file is touched, it will trigger the building
of the website and remove the file.  This is handy because it's easy to
impliment and the exact same script that's used for the nightly builds can be
used with only a tiny modification.  I've only used this in the past because
giving people direct access to do it themselves was extremely scarey
(due to the permissions/build scripts and such).  I've been running one
production system like this for many years without a hitch!  I'm sure i heard
atleast a million people scream WHAT! but hey, it's one option :)

Amar.