Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 02:31:43 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        herbert@bugat.at, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Elitegroup K7S5A - SIS 735 chipset

>Is the K7S5A mainboard and the SIS 735 chipset supported by FreeBSD
>4.4-STABLE? What about the onboard ide controller? Can I run my hard
>disks in udma66 or udma100 mode?
>Any known problems with this mainboard and FreeBSD?
>
>Your comments are welcome! Tnx!

I've heard good (performance) things about that chipset, but SiS is
legendary for making crappy, unreliable, flaky, buggy hardware that drives
up the support costs of companies selling mobo's based on their chipsets.
It may work fine, I dunno, but is the $20 you'll have worth your time and
headache if it doesn't?

(Sorry I can't make any useful specific comments)

Charles BUrns