Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:33:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        New user <velvet@gbso.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, New user wrote:

> i am a new user of bsd and i can not get my x-server to respond. i need
> someone to talk to. someone to address my questions to. i am coming from

You have come to the right place. When asking questions, please include as
much pertinent information as possible, 'My X server won't respond' gives
us nothing to work with. Include a description of your machine, video card
included, the x server you are using and the error messages you are
getting.

> the world of dos and i want to change planets. i think unix is the way
> to go an i want to learn. i have the book that came with the cd-rom. and
> i also have unix for dummies. and i have unix power tools on order.
> please help me get off on the right foot.
>

>         dummy from florida
>                    nathan

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House - anonymous