Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:31:13 +0000
From:      Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   After freebsd-update - all went wrong.

Hello FreeBSD people.

=20

i'm on FreeBSD 7.2-R p4

=20

I just applied :

=20

# freebsd-update fetch
# freebsd-update install

=20

with no problems

=20

After i restarted the server

=20

i lost my ssh connection=2C server went down!

I have contacted the hosting company=2C and after investigation

they informed me that for some reason system is ignoring the

"defaulroute" command in rc.conf

So they had manualy add the defaultroute to rc.local !!

=20

And after this small workaround=2C I found out users quota is not running

So i figured that its ignoring the default kernel.

I have recompiled my custom kernel..

Now quotas working!

=20

and system still=20

FreeBSD xxx.com 7.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p4 #0: Fri Oct  2 12:21:=

=20

it didnot even apply the patchs !!

and still reading the default route from rc.local

=20

Please any help is appreciate it=2C this is a commercial use server

you can say "im eating shit now"

=20

This shouldnot happen with freebsd-update tool !! what the heck!

=20

- Marwan Sultan
 		 	   		 =20
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/=