Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 01:49:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Fabian E. Schonholz" <fessex@lira.jpl.nasa.gov>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Java port to FreeBSD

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Fabian E. Schonholz wrote:

> Whomever gets this message: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I run FreeBSD and
> Linux, FreeBSD is much better!!

    Well, of course.  :)

> a) When is it going (or is already) available a port of Java to FreeBSD
> and if there is one, where do I get it form?

    I recall seeing something about the Java Developer's Kit being
available for FreeBSD.  Netscape's "Atlas Navigator" (aka Netscape
3.0) includes Java and JavaScript support in both the Linux and BSD/OS
browsers.  Both are useable under FreeBSD (the BSD/OS one with less
hassle than the Linux one).
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
System and Network Administrator, Internex Online Inc.