Date:      Sat, 05 Jul 1997 01:09:00 -0700
From:      Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
Cc:        "Sergei S. Laskavy" <laskavy@cs.msu.su>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Problem

--==_Exmh_-969595956P

> >     Jim> I'm attempting to install FreeBSD for the first time
> >     Jim> (following the directions on the web page), and I ran into a
> >     Jim> glitch that I can't seem to work around.
> >
> >     Jim> Here's what happens when it dies:
> >
> >     Jim> .  .  .  a whole bunch of kernel boot messages .  .  .
> >     Jim> changing root device to fd0c panic: double fault

I solved my problem by installing the development 3.0 release
 - that seems to boot.

Be joining y'all soon.

Cheers,

 - Jim

--==_Exmh_-969595956P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3a

iQCVAwUBM74BGuQz770qyIfJAQF5zgP/VXeZCZhfl3vXgl9XBvWLETR1d0pwhAlx
LLEwy8X6naze1SOxSdZHcirAMmpfgScwti2qxglgyRp4lFUkO27PJm6seXsLCy1h
zFy6OK61Ig5J5OSVzLFD+S8r2jNb1HvBZ3CztMxseOBLMab0yaalpzORBmDqhlpi
3/d4eGS84xw=
=zLbv
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-969595956P--