Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:21:48 -0600
From:      "Gerry Marcelo" <germar@pair.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ELF binary type not known

Oops, another newbie error, I'd bet.......

OS....FreeBSD 2.2.8
Linux_lib port 2.6 installed
Attempting to install StarOffice 3.1 package.

add_pkg went well, and following the instructions I went to the links
created and attempted to start one of the applications.

I get the following
"User Install required before scalc3 can run.  please wait...
ELF binary type not known
abort trap
Can't find initialization script /root/.sd.sh, User install mus be completed
before scalc3 can run.

I tried running ldconfig program again, but to no avail.

I've seen this ELF binary error message on other attempted installs.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing incorrectly?  What is the proper command
line for ldconfig?

Thank you again for all help provided!

Gerry Marcelo
Austin, TX USA