Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 01:26:54 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Always use the 'make buildkernel' target to make yerkernels

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 01:33:58PM -0500, Shawn Barnhart wrote:
> I guess I don't care which tools I use, so long as they do the right
> thing, and, most importantly THAT THE METHODS ARE TOTALLY DOCUMENTED
> WITH ALL THE QUIRKS IN THE FSCK'N HANDBOOK AND NOT JUST IN THE MAILING
> LIST ARCHIVE!
>
> One thing that frustrates me about FBSD is the "docrot" of the handbook.
> When I was getting started with FBSD I seemed to stumble across many
> things that, while not exactly incorrect, were nevertheless incomplete
> or outmoded by newer/better/smarter ways of doing things.

    # cd /usr/gnats/docs
    # grep -i barnhart *
    #

S'funny, this seems to be the first time you've told any of us.  Next
time, please use send-pr(1) with the category set to "docs".  It would be
appreciated if you could suggest alternative or replacement text in your
PR.

Do this often enough and you get asked to become a committer.

Thanks.