Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:45:21 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        spider 90 <spider90@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Floppy mounts

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 09:32:40PM +0000, spider 90 wrote:
>      Well, I have Freebsd installed and am getting things setup pretty good.
> Using Kde as my destop manager. The only issue is when I try to mount my
> floppy /dev/fd0, I get a message error stating unknown system file or
> special system.

Exactly what command are you using to mount it? If there is an entry
for it in /etc/fstab (there should be), what is it?

# cat /etc/fstab
# Device       Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#

[snip]

/dev/fd0        /pcfs           msdos   rw,noauto       0       0

I will probably be /floppy rather than /pcfs. If it is try

  # mount /floppy

> I tried mounting just from the shell but same error. I can
> mount the /cdrom.
>      I bought the complete freebsd 3rd book and it has a section on
> mounting, but I am not seeing any error message noted that may arise like
> this. I know the floppy drive works because I can boot from it, but can't
> mount it now. What obvious thing am I missing? Any suggestions would be
> appreciated:)

Seminars, n.:
       From "semi" and "arse", hence, any half-assed discussion.