Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 05:45:57 -0500
From:      GH <grasshacker@over-yonder.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Subject:   Re: Fortune candidate...

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 03:47:50PM -0600, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> At 11:48 AM 8/2/2001, Brad Knowles wrote:
>
> >Folks,
> >
> >        I kid you not.  This is a direct quote from a private e-mail discussion that I've been having:
> >
> >> the future.. why support something that is needed in the future ?
> >> and not now ?
> >
> >        Now, it turns out that this person is a seventeen year-old kid.
>
> Which is actually a telling reflection of the Zeitgeist. Things change
> so fast and in such wildly unpredictable ways nowadays that preparing
> too much for -- or even attempting to anticipate -- the future can
> actually be frustrating and risky. What you're hearing from this
> 17-year-old is the impression that many younger people are getting
> of the world: Everything is transient and chaotic, so why try to plan?

The importance, regardless of planning, is that we embrace changing
situations and requirements. Plan to change plans.

> --Brett

gh
--
What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)