Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:34:16 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to strip a kernel in 3.0-RELEASE...

Morning...

	Just had the pleasure of installing 3.0-RELEASE on a new drive,
and just hit something unexpected...'strip -d kernel' just doesn't seem to
work anymore :)

	What is the current method of doign this?  Looking at the man
pages between the old and new strip, I suspect just:

	strip --strip-debug kernel

	But is there another that I want to do too?  According to the old,
-d did both debugging and 'empty' symbols...

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org