Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 12:23:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        peter@jhome.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Scanner anybody?

> I guess this is going to be a "You gotta be kidding me!" type question,
> but does anybody know what would be involved in driving a SCSI scanner
> (eg: something like an Epson GT-8500, HP Scanjet 3C, Sharp JX330 etc)

There are drivers.

The main limitation is that the SCSI controller in your machine must
be able to operate in target mode for several SCSI scanners.  This
is why many of them come with their own custom AIC6360 based cards.

If you happen to have a good controller (as opposed to one that
works for HD's, etc.), then you can implement the scanner software
on top of it.

I believe the HP and one other SCSI scanner type are supported.  Sorry,
I've only used it with HP's.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---