Date:      Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:52:03 +0000
From:      "chris.scott" <krad@snaffler.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel messages redirection

hi

Does anyone know howto redirect/stop kernel messages from displaying on
ttyv0?

eg when you plug in a usb disk you get a load of messages to the 1st
screen console

I am writing a custom installer and its a pain as every time I label and
geom provider it spams a load of stuff and messes up my nice display.
This is nothing to do with syslog as I have already turned off logging
to /dev/console, ive tried a few curious looking sysctl varibles but not
found anything that works yet.