Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:53:14 -0700
From:      rootman <rootman@xmission.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kPPP dies - Can't connect to ISP Please Help!

Hi,

I hope somebody is watching the list right now.

I've installed FreeBSD 4.2 -RELEASE on
my home pc and have it dual - booting with
WIN98 on separate hard drives.

I just set up and paid for an account with a
local ISP who confirmed they support BSD,
UNIX and Linux connections.

I got all the information from them, domain
name, primary & secondary DNS, etc. and
configured kPPP.  They advised I use PAP
authentication.

Everytime I dial, when kPPP connects, it
core dumps and I get the following error:

>pppd[426]: Inf file /etc/ppp/options: unrecognized option 'o^Z'

I've followed all the set up instructions in
the kPPP help section regarding PAP
configuration and nothing seems to work.

I asked tech support at the ISP if I needed
to used "script-based" authentication and
he said no.  He said PAP should work.

Can anybody help me get this fixed?

Thanks

-r