Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 23:03:34 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Progress on new bus conversion of pccard

I'm making progress on the new busification of pccard.

pcic0: <Intel 82365> at port 0x3e0-0x3e3 irq 9 on isa0
pcic0: interrupting at irq 9
pccard0: <PC Card slot> on pcic0
Intel Pentium detected, installing workaround for F00F bug
changing root device to wd0s2a
devclass_alloc_unit: ep0 already exists, using next available unit number
ep1 on pccard0
ep1: utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:60:97:95:9f:3d
Data modified on freelist: word 2 of object 0xc059e260 size 20 previous type devbuf (0x80 != 0xdeadc0de)
ep1: interrupting at irq 10

I was able to set the IRQ in my config file, but not from userconfig
(otherwise it defaulted to irq 5, which was wrong for this PCI
device).  So things are looking promsing.  However, the freelist
message tells me that this code isn't quite ready for prime time, or
even simple testing outside of people that can fix crashes :-).

The pcic is on isa0 rather than pci0, but that is a simple probe
issue, I hope.  Also, the ep1 should really be ep0, but for some
reason that device is reserved by the new config stuff.  I don't know
why.

Now, to see where I'm mangling memory...

With luck, I should have patches available for testing in the next 24
hours.  However, given the scope of the changes I made to this code to
get things working, it may be a while longer before they are committed
to -current.  It all depends on how well things work for people and
how quickly they test it.

Warner